Driving School

Western Nevada College
2201 West College Parkway
Carson City, NV 89703

Western Nevada CollegeFAQ's

How do I know if Western Nevada College is certified by Nevada's DMV to offer behind-the-wheel training courses?
While we do include Western Nevada College's contact information in our driving school directory, we cannot say with certainty as to whether Western Nevada College is licensed by the State of Nevada.  We recommend that you either contact Western Nevada College directly or possibly the Nevada DMV to find out if Western Nevada College is a licensed driver training school.
I've been told that either of my parents can monitor my behind-the-wheel training, so I don't have to attend a Carson City Nevada driving school like Western Nevada College to fulfill my behind-the-wheel training requirement. Do you know if that's true or not?
You will need to contact the Nevada DMV or a state-approved driving school like Western Nevada College to find out.  Some states do allow parent-taught driving, but many states do not.
What if I don't know how to operate a vehicle with a stick-shift? Does Western Nevada College have an automatic-shift vehicle they'll allow me train with?
Since you're just learning how to drive, you probably don't know how to operate either a stick-shift or an automatic-shift vehicle!  However, if you have a preference as to a stick or an automatic, you probably should call Western Nevada College to see if they can accommodate your request prior to your enrolling in their behind-the-wheel training course.
I live in a small mountain community, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my driver training with Western Nevada College include being taught how to drive in remote areas? Or do they just offer training for city driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to know how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the driver training you receive from Western Nevada College will include handling unpaved roads and mountain driving.
After I turn 14, will I be eligible to obtain my learner's permit so I can begin to learn how to drive?
It depends on which state you live in, however most states unfortunately require you to be at least 15 (or sometimes 15 1/2) before you can be issued a instruction permit.  We suggest that you contact a local driver training school such as Western Nevada College or the Nevada DMV office to learn more about the minimum age requirement for driving in Nevada.
Will I be required to enroll in both a drivers education classroom or online course and a driver training course in Carson City Nevada?
It depends on which state you live in, but many states now require new teen-aged drivers to enroll in both a drivers education course as well as a behind-the-wheel training course.
I'm required to take a behind-the-wheel training course in Carson City Nevada. Do you know if Western Nevada College offers behind-the-wheel training classes in Carson City Nevada?
Yes, Western Nevada College does offer defensive driving courses in Carson City Nevada.  For more information about their class schedule and how/when to sign up for one of their driver training courses, please contact Western Nevada College directly.
What type of driver ed do I need before Nevada will give me a driver's license?
Each state has its own requirements concerning drivers education, although you should know that most states now require all new, young drivers to register for a safe driving classroom or online course as well as a behind-the-wheel training course.  Western Nevada College may be able to help you fulfill the behind-the-wheel training requirement in Nevada.  Please contact either Western Nevada College or the Nevada DMV for more information.
Am I obligated to take a Carson City Nevada behind-the-wheel training course?
All drivers in Nevada must take a behind-the-wheel training course.  You should contact Western Nevada College to learn more about the courses they offer.
Is it all right if I register with a driver training school like Western Nevada College prior to my obtaining my instruction permit?
In most states, you are required to have already received your instruction permit before you register for your driver training course like the one offered by Western Nevada College.  We suggest you contact either Western Nevada College to find out more information.