Driving School

Valleywide Driving School
17050 Chatsworth St. Suite #253
Granada Hills, CA 91344

Valleywide Driving SchoolFAQ's

How do I know if Valleywide Driving School is certified by California's DMV to offer driver training courses?
While we do include Valleywide Driving School's contact information in our driving school directory, we cannot say with certainty as to whether Valleywide Driving School is certified by the State of California.  We recommend that you either contact Valleywide Driving School directly or possibly the California DMV to find out if Valleywide Driving School is a licensed driver training school.
I've been told that either of my parents can supervise my driver training, so I don't have to attend a Granada Hills California driving school like Valleywide Driving School to fulfill my driver training requirement. Do you know if that's true or not?
You will need to contact the California DMV or a state-approved driving school like Valleywide Driving School to find out.  Some states do allow parent-taught driving, but many states do not.
I don't know how to drive using a manual-shift. Will Valleywide Driving School have an automatic-shift car available that I can use for my behind-the-wheel training?
Since you're enrolling in a Granada Hills California driver training class, chances are good that you don't know how to drive either a stick-shift OR an automatic!  However, you should let Valleywide Driving School know what your preference is before registering for their driver class.  That way you'll know for sure they will accommodate you.
I live in a small rural town, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my driver training with Valleywide Driving School include learning how to drive in remote areas? Or do they just offer training for urban driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to know how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the behind-the-wheel training you receive from Valleywide Driving School will include handling unpaved roads and mountain driving.
If I'm 14, can I get a driver's permit to drive in California?
Possibly.  However, you should be aware that most states require you to be at least 15½ years old before you can get a learner's permit.  We recommend that you contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a certified driving school such as Valleywide Driving School to find out exactly what the minimum age requirement is in California.
Do I have to complete a Granada Hills California drivers education classroom course or online course before registering for one of Valleywide Driving School's behind-the-wheel training courses?
Each state has its own rules, but most states will require first-time drivers to take both a driver training course plus either a defensive driving classroom course (which are about 30 hours in length) or an approved online defensive driving course.  You may want to ask Valleywide Driving School if they offer one or both programs.
California law says that I must sign up to take a hands-on driver training course in order to get licensed to drive in Granada Hills California. Is this something that Valleywide Driving School can help me with?
Yes, Valleywide Driving School offers the California-approved driver training course.  For more information about their classes and instruction schedule, please contact Valleywide Driving School directly.
What type of driver ed do I need before California will give me a driver's license?
Each state has its own requirements concerning drivers education, although you should know that most states now require all new, young drivers to sign up to take a drivers education classroom or online course as well as a driver training course.  Valleywide Driving School may be able to help you meet the behind-the-wheel training requirement in California.  Please contact either Valleywide Driving School or the California DMV for more information.
What does the law in California say about driver training courses? Do I have to take one to get my driver's license?
Yes, you do.  California law states that new drivers take an approved behind-the-wheel training course as a prerequisite to obtaining their first driver's license. 
Do I need to have my instruction permit before I register for a driver training course like the one that Valleywide Driving School offers?
You will need to contact Valleywide Driving School or the California DMV to find out if you are allowed to register with a driving school like Valleywide Driving School before receiving your California instruction permit.