Driving School

Valleywide Driving School
17050 Chatsworth St. Suite #253
Granada Hills, CA 91344

Valleywide Driving SchoolFAQ's

Valleywide Driving School's address and phone number is listed on your webpage. How can I know for sure if it is an approved behind the wheel training school in California?
Even though we provide a list of driver training schools on our website, we have no way of knowing for sure as to whether or not a particular school is certified by the California DMV to offer driver training courses.  We strongly suggest that you contact Valleywide Driving School directly or check with the California DMV to find out for sure if Valleywide Driving School is a licensed school.
Do you know if I can do my behind-the-wheel training with my mother or father instead of attending a driving school like Valleywide Driving School?
Some states allow teen-agers to do their behind-the-wheel training with their parents instead of attending a professional driving school.  We recommend that you contact the California DMV or Valleywide Driving School directly to find out if California allows parent-taught driver training.
Do you know if Valleywide Driving School will let me take my driver training using an automatic-shift vehicle? I don't know anything about using a stick-shift.
Considering you're a brand new driver, you probably don't know a whole lot about driving ANY type of vehicle, be it a manual OR an automatic!  Nevertheless, if you have a preference, you probably should contact Valleywide Driving School and see if they can accommodate you before registering for their behind-the-wheel training course.
What happens to those of us who live in a non-urban area? Will Valleywide Driving School include instruction on how to drive on dirt roads, mountain roads, and other bumpy terrain?
If you live in a rural location, there is a high probability that a local driver training school like Valleywide Driving School will either want--or even be required--to tailor their instruction towards driving safely in your particular locale.
If I'm 14, can I get an instruction permit to drive in California?
Possibly.  However, you should be aware that most states require you to be at least 15½ years old before you can get a learner's permit.  We recommend that you contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a licensed driving school such as Valleywide Driving School to find out exactly what the minimum age requirement is in California.
Can I take Valleywide Driving School's driver training course before taking a Granada Hills California defensive driving classroom course or online course?
It depends on what California's laws prescribe.  However, you should know that most states will require teen-aged, first-time drivers to complete both a drivers education classroom course (which are approximately 30 hours in length, depending on California's laws) or an approved online course, plus a state-approved driver training course.  We recommend that you contact Valleywide Driving School directly to see if they offer either (or both) of these courses.
California law says that I must enroll in a driver training course in order to get licensed to drive in Granada Hills California. Is this something that Valleywide Driving School can help me with?
Yes, Valleywide Driving School offers the California-approved behind-the-wheel training course.  For more information about their classes and instruction schedule, please contact Valleywide Driving School directly.
I live in Granada Hills California. What are the requirements for me to be able to get my first California driver's license?
It depends on the particular laws of California, but most states require teen-aged first-time license applicants to successfully complete both a drivers education classroom course and a driver training course.  Valleywide Driving School may offer courses which would meet the behind-the-wheel training requirement, however you will need to contact them directly to find out exactly what types of courses they offer.
Is hands-on driver training required in California in order to be licensed to drive a car?
Absolutely.  All new drivers in California must register for an approved driver training course before they can get a license to independently operate a motor vehicle.
Is it all right if I enroll in a behind-the-wheel training school like Valleywide Driving School prior to my obtaining my instruction permit?
In most states, you are required to have already gotten your instruction permit before you sign up to take your driver training course like the one offered by Valleywide Driving School.  We suggest you contact either Valleywide Driving School to find out more information.