Driving School

Union Driving & Traffic School
440 Shatto Place
Los Angeles, CA 90020

Union Driving & Traffic SchoolFAQ's

Union Driving & Traffic School is listed on your website as a driving school which offers driver training courses. How do I know if Union Driving & Traffic School is a licensed school in California?
While we include a list of driver training schools on our website for your convenience, we cannot guarantee that every single one of them is currently licensed by the California DMV.  We suggest you contact Union Driving & Traffic School directly or the California DMV to find out if Union Driving & Traffic School is a fully-accredited driver training school.
Somebody told me that I can skip out of attending a driver training school if my parents give me behind-the-wheel training instead. Is that permissible in California?
Each state has its own rules regarding driver training.  Some states will allow parentally-supervised behind-the-wheel training as a substitute for taking a driver training course which is taught by a professional driving instructor.  However, not all states allow this.  You should contact the California DMV to find out for sure.
I can't operate a stick-shift. Will Union Driving & Traffic School allow me to complete my driver training on an automatic-shift vehicle?
We recommend that you contact Union Driving & Traffic School and ask them if you can do your driver training using a vehicle that has an automatic shift before enrolling in their behind-the-wheel training course.
What happens to those of us who live in a non-urban area? Will Union Driving & Traffic School include instruction on how to drive on dirt roads, mountain roads, and other bumpy terrain?
If you live in a rural location, there is a high probability that a local driver training school like Union Driving & Traffic School will either want--or even be required--to tailor their instruction towards driving safely in your particular area.
Now that I'm 14, will California allow me to get a learner's permit to drive?
Not likely.  Most states require residents to be at least 15 or 15 1/2 years old before applying for a learner's permit.  We recommend that your contact the California DMV office or a California-approved driver training institute such as Union Driving & Traffic School to learn more about the minimum driving age requirement in California.
Will I be required to complete both a drivers education classroom or online course and a behind-the-wheel training course in Los Angeles California?
It depends on which state you live in, but many states now require new teen-aged drivers to enroll in both a drivers education course as well as a behind-the-wheel training course.
I have to take a drivers education course in Los Angeles California. Can I meet this requirement by registering with Union Driving & Traffic School?
Yes, Union Driving & Traffic School offers defensive driving courses in Los Angeles California.  You will need to contact Union Driving & Traffic School directly to get more information on the types of courses they offer and when to sign up for a class.
Do I have to take drivers education to get a California driver's license?
Drivers education requirements vary depending on which state you live in, but you should be aware that most states require new, teen-aged drivers to complete both a driver training course in addition to a safe driving classroom or online course.  You may wish to contact the California DMV to find out exactly what requirements you will need to fulfill in order to obtain your first driver's license.
Is there a law in California that says I have to take driver training in order to get my driver's license?
Yes.  State law in California requires that all teen-agers take an approved driver training course before receiving a California driver's license.
Do I need to have my learner's permit before I enroll in a driver training course like the one that Union Driving & Traffic School offers?
You will need to contact Union Driving & Traffic School or the California DMV to find out if you are allowed to sign up with a driving school like Union Driving & Traffic School before receiving your California instruction permit.