Driving School

Triple R Driving School
1619 13th St.
Coralville, IA 52241

Triple R Driving SchoolFAQ's

Can you tell me if Triple R Driving School is a certified driver training school in Iowa?
Although Triple R Driving School is listed on our list of driving schools in your area, we are unable to say with certainty as to whether they are currently approved to teach behind-the-wheel training courses in Iowa.  We recommend either calling Triple R Driving School directly or the Iowa DMV to find out whether or not Triple R Driving School offers hands-on driving courses that are state-approved.
Do I have to take a behind-the-wheel training course? Can't my parents just give me my behind-the-wheel training?
There are some states that do allow parents or guardians to provide their teen-aged kids' required driver training in order to obtain a driver's license.  However many states do not allow any type of substitution for attending a professionally-taught driver training course.  We suggest you contact your state's DMV to find out what the laws are in your state regarding hands-on driving instruction.
What if I don't know how to drive a stick-shift automobile? Does Triple R Driving School have automatic-shift vehicles that I can drive when I do my driver training?
If you're taking a Coralville Iowa driver training class, chances are you don't know how to drive ANY vehicle yet-- manual or automatic.  However, if you prefer an automatic vehicle then you should tell Triple R Driving School that prior to enrolling in the course in order to make sure they can accommodate you. 
I live in a very remote area, where there are mountains and a lot of unpaved roads. Do you know if Triple R Driving School teaches students how to drive in rural areas like where I live instead of just driving on smooth, paved roads in urban areas?
Since you live in a rural area, a local driving school such as Triple R Driving School will tailor your driver training to handle the conditions in your area.  
I'm turning 14 in a few months. Can I get a learner's permit to drive in Iowa after my 14th birthday?
Most likely, no.  Most states (though not all) have laws which require that you be at least 15 or 15 1/2 before to be eligible to apply for a learner's permit.  Nevertheless, you may wish to contact the Iowa DMV office or a Iowa-certified driving school such as Triple R Driving School to find out for certain what the minimum driving age is in your local area.
Do I have to complete a Coralville Iowa drivers education classroom course or online course before registering for one of Triple R Driving School's driver training courses?
Each state has its own rules, but most states will require first-time drivers to take both a driver training course plus either a drivers education classroom course (which are about 30 hours in length) or an approved online defensive driving course.  You may want to ask Triple R Driving School if they offer one or both programs.
I am looking to enroll in a Coralville Iowa defensive driving course. Can Triple R Driving School assist me with this?
Yes.  Drivers education courses are available in Coralville Iowa through Triple R Driving School.  Please contact Triple R Driving School directly with questions regarding their schedule of classes and registration information.
What type of driver ed do I need before Iowa will give me a driver's license?
Each state has its own requirements concerning drivers education, although you should know that most states now mandate all new, young drivers to complete a safe driving classroom or online course as well as a driver training course.  Triple R Driving School may be able to help you fulfill the behind-the-wheel training requirement in Iowa.  Please contact either Triple R Driving School or the Iowa DMV for more information.
Is a driver training course a prerequisite in Coralville Iowa for me to get a drivers license?
The law in Iowa requires that all drivers complete a behind-the-wheel training program as part of their driver education.  You should contact Triple R Driving School directly to find out about the types of courses they offer.
Can I enroll in a Iowa driver training course prior to having my Iowa learners permit?
Most states require pre-licensed drivers to hold a instruction permit before being permitted to register for a behind-the-wheel training course.  You should contact a driving school like Triple R Driving School and ask for more information.