Driving School

Ted's Driving School
25490 Hereford Dr.
Royal Oak, MI 48067

Ted's Driving SchoolFAQ's

Since Ted's Driving School appears on your website, does this mean they are approved by the Michigan DMV to offer behind-the-wheel training courses?
The list of driver training schools on our webpage is provided as a convenience to our customers only.  We CANNOT guarantee that every single school listed is fully-approved by the Michigan DMV.  You may want to call Ted's Driving School directly to find out if they offer a state-certified behind-the-wheel training course.
Could I just have my mother or father teach me how to drive instead of paying money to attend a professional driver training course?
It depends on which state you live in.  There are some states which allow you to do your hands-on driver training with a parent or guardian instead of enrolling in a professional driving school.  However many states require that new drivers take a professionally-taught driver training course.  We recommend that you ask your state's DMV office to find out if your parent or guardian can fill the role as your behind-the-wheel driving instructor.
What if I don't know how to drive a vehicle with a stick-shift? Does Ted's Driving School have an automatic-shift vehicle they'll let me train with?
Since you're just learning how to drive, you probably don't know how to operate either a stick-shift or an automatic-shift vehicle!  However, if you have a preference as to a stick or an automatic, you probably should call Ted's Driving School to see if they can accommodate your request prior to your enrolling in their behind-the-wheel training course.
I live in a small rural community, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my behind-the-wheel training with Ted's Driving School include being taught how to drive in remote areas? Or do they just offer training for urban driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to know how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the driver training you receive from Ted's Driving School will include handling dirt roads and mountain driving.
I'm turning 14 in a few weeks. Can I get a learner's permit to drive in Michigan after my 14th birthday?
Most likely, no.  Most states (though not all) have laws which require that you be at least 15 or 15 1/2 before to be eligible to apply for an instruction permit.  Nevertheless, you may wish to contact the Michigan DMV office or a Michigan-certified driving school such as Ted's Driving School to find out for certain what the minimum driving age is in your local area.
Is taking a drivers education course in a classroom or online sufficient in Royal Oak Michigan or do I also have to enroll in a driver training class with a professional driving instructor?
It depends on what the Michigan's laws require, but many states do mandate that new, young drivers to enroll in a behind-the-wheel training class with a professional driving instructor as well as a drivers education classroom or online course.
Does Ted's Driving School provide a behind-the-wheel training course like the one that is required by the State of Michigan? I need to enroll in one in order to obtain my driver license.
Ted's Driving School offers hands-on driver training courses which are approved by the Michigan DMV.  You may want to contact Ted's Driving School directly for more information about their courses and how to go about registering for one.
What do I need to do to obtain a driver's license in Royal Oak Michigan?
It depends on Michigan's laws, but most states require new, teen-aged drivers to enroll in a drivers education classroom course as well as a behind-the-wheel training course.  You may want to call Ted's Driving School to see if they offer the behind-the-wheel training course that would fulfill the regulations set forth by the Michigan DMV.
Is it necessary for me to enroll in a behind-the-wheel training course in order to get my first Michigan driver's license?
Yes, it is.  All teen-aged drivers applying for their first driver's license in Michigan must complete a state-approved driver training course.
Do I have to receive my instruction permit in Michigan before I am allowed to enroll in a driver training course like the one Ted's Driving School gives its students?
Laws vary from state to state, however most states do require that you hold an instruction permit before you can sign up to take a driver training course like the one that Ted's Driving School gives its students.

© 2020 DriverEdToGo.com by Cyberactive. All rights reserved.