Driving School

Rae's Driving School
36 Main Street
2nd Floor Suite 8
East Haven, CT 06512

Rae's Driving SchoolFAQ's

Can you tell me if Rae's Driving School is a licensed driving school in Connecticut?
Although Rae's Driving School is listed on our list of driving schools in your area, we are unable to say with certainty as to whether they are currently licensed to teach hands-on driving courses in Connecticut.  We recommend either calling Rae's Driving School directly or the Connecticut DMV to find out whether or not Rae's Driving School offers driver training courses that are state-approved.
Do I have to take a driver training course? Can't my parents just give me my behind-the-wheel training?
There are some states that do allow parents or guardians to provide their teen-aged kids' required behind-the-wheel training in order to obtain a driver's license.  However many states do not allow any type of substitution for enrolling in a professionally-taught behind-the-wheel training course.  We suggest you contact your state's DMV to find out what the laws are in your state regarding behind-the-wheel training.
I can't operate a stick-shift. Will Rae's Driving School allow me to complete my driver training on an automatic-shift vehicle?
We recommend that you contact Rae's Driving School and ask them if you can do your behind-the-wheel training using a vehicle that has an automatic shift before enrolling in their driver training course.
I live in a remote area, that has a lot of dirt roads and rugged terrain. Will Rae's Driving School train me how to drive in BOTH city AND rural environments?
If you live in a rural area, chances are very good that a local driving school like Rae's Driving School will want you to be taught how to drive safely on the local area's terrain.
I just turned 14 years old. Can I receive my instruction permit in Connecticut?
Probably not.  The minimum age requirement for holding a learners permit in most states is 15 1/2.  You should contact the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a licensed driver training institute such as Rae's Driving School to find out more information about the minimum age requirement in Connecticut. 
Can I take Rae's Driving School's driver training course before taking a East Haven Connecticut defensive driving classroom course or online course?
It depends on what Connecticut's laws prescribe.  However, you should know that most states will require teen-aged, first-time drivers to complete both a defensive driving classroom course (which are approximately 30 hours in length, depending on Connecticut's laws) or an approved online course, plus a state-approved driver training course.  We recommend that you contact Rae's Driving School directly to see if they offer either (or both) of these courses.
Does Rae's Driving School provide a hands-on driver training course like the one that is required by the State of Connecticut? I need to complete one in order to obtain my driver license.
Rae's Driving School offers behind-the-wheel training courses which are approved by the Connecticut DMV.  You may want to contact Rae's Driving School directly for more information about their courses and how to go about signing up for one.
Exactly what type of driver training do I need in East Haven Connecticut before I can get my Connecticut driver's license?
The prerequisites for getting a driver's licenses vary from state to state, however most states now require teen-agers who are looking to get their first driver's license to enroll in a safe driving classroom course as well as a driver training course.  We suggest that you contact a local driver training company such as Rae's Driving School and ask if they offer a Connecticut-approved  driver training course which would fulfill Connecticut's driver's education requirements.
What are the laws in Connecticut concerning driver training courses? Do I have to take one to get my driver's license?
Yes, you do.  Connecticut law states that new drivers successfully complete an approved behind-the-wheel training course as a prerequisite to obtaining their first driver's license. 
Will Connecticut allow me to sign up to take a behind-the-wheel training course before I actually receive my learner's permit?
You will need to contact your state's DMV office to find out.  However, most states require that you obtain your instruction permit before you register with a behind-the-wheel training course.

© 2022 DriverEdToGo.com by Cyberactive. All rights reserved.