Driving School

Mr. H's Driving School
6 Tracy Dr.
Derry, NH 03038

Mr. H's Driving SchoolFAQ's

Are all the driving schools listed on your website fully-licensed by the New Hampshire DMV to offer driver training courses in New Hampshire?
The driving school directory on our website is for your convenience only, and we cannot absolutely guarantee that every driving school listed is currently licensed to offer behind-the-wheel training courses in New Hampshire.  We suggest you contact the New Hampshire DMV to make sure a particular driver training school is certified before you enroll in their driving course.
Do I have to take a behind-the-wheel training course? Can't my parents just give me my driver training?
There are some states that do permit parents or guardians to provide their teen-aged kids' required behind-the-wheel training in order to obtain a driver's license.  However many states do not allow any type of substitution for enrolling in a professionally-taught driver training course.  We suggest you contact your state's DMV to find out what the laws are in your state regarding behind-the-wheel training.
Do I need to tell Mr. H's Driving School that I need to train with an automatic-shift automobile? I don't know how to operate a manual-shift automobile.
Most new drivers don't know how to operate either a manual-shift OR and automatic-shift car!  We recommend that you ask Mr. H's Driving School if you can complete your behind-the-wheel training using an automatic-shift car before you sign up to take their driver training course.
I live in a small mountain community, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my driver training with Mr. H's Driving School include being taught how to drive in remote areas? Or do they just offer training for urban driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to know how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the behind-the-wheel training you receive from Mr. H's Driving School will include handling unpaved roads and mountain driving.
I'm turning 14 in a few weeks. Can I get a instruction permit to drive in New Hampshire after my 14th birthday?
Most likely, no.  Most states (though not all) have laws which require that you be at least 15 or 15 1/2 before to be eligible to apply for an instruction permit.  Nevertheless, you may wish to contact the New Hampshire DMV office or a New Hampshire-certified driving school such as Mr. H's Driving School to find out for certain what the minimum driving age is in your local area.
Do I have to take both a defensive driving classroom course and a driver training course in Derry New Hampshire to get my New Hampshire driver's license?
The laws vary depending on which state you live in, but most states do require that pre-licensed drivers sign up to take a drivers education classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  You may want to call a driving instruction company like Mr. H's Driving School and find out if they offer either (or both) of these programs.
I am looking to register for a Derry New Hampshire drivers education course. Can Mr. H's Driving School assist me with this?
Yes.  Drivers education courses are available in Derry New Hampshire through Mr. H's Driving School.  Please contact Mr. H's Driving School directly with questions regarding their schedule of classes and registration information.
I live in Derry New Hampshire. What requirements must I meet to be able to get my first New Hampshire driver's license?
It depends on the particular laws of New Hampshire, but most states require teen-aged first-time license applicants to successfully complete both a safe driving classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  Mr. H's Driving School may offer courses which would fulfill the behind-the-wheel training requirement, however you will need to contact them directly to find out exactly what types of courses they offer.
What does the law in New Hampshire say about driver training courses? Do I have to take one to get my driver's license?
Yes, you do.  New Hampshire law states that new drivers take an approved driver training course as a prerequisite to getting their first driver's license. 
Do I need to have my learner's permit before I register for a driver training course like the one that Mr. H's Driving School offers?
You will need to contact Mr. H's Driving School or the New Hampshire DMV to find out if you are allowed to enroll in a driver training school like Mr. H's Driving School before obtaining your New Hampshire learner's permit.