Driving School

Mr Chucks Driving Academy
851 E William St
Carson City, NV 89701

Mr Chucks Driving AcademyFAQ's

How do I know if Mr Chucks Driving Academy is licensed by Nevada's DMV to offer behind-the-wheel training courses?
While we do include Mr Chucks Driving Academy's contact information in our driving school directory, we cannot say with certainty as to whether Mr Chucks Driving Academy is certified by the State of Nevada.  We recommend that you either contact Mr Chucks Driving Academy directly or possibly the Nevada DMV to find out if Mr Chucks Driving Academy is a licensed driver training school.
Could I just have my mother or father give me my behind-the-wheel training instead of paying money to enroll in a professional behind-the-wheel training course?
It depends on which state you live in.  There are some states which permit you to complete your behind-the-wheel training with a parent or guardian instead of enrolling in a professional driving school.  However many states require that first-time drivers take a professionally-taught behind-the-wheel training course.  We recommend that you ask your state's DMV office to find out if your parent or guardian can fill the role as your behind-the-wheel driving instructor.
What if I don't know how to drive a manual-shift automobile? Does Mr Chucks Driving Academy have automatic-shift vehicles that I can drive when I do my behind-the-wheel training?
If you're taking a Carson City Nevada behind-the-wheel training class, chances are you don't know how to drive ANY vehicle yet-- manual or automatic.  However, if you prefer an automatic vehicle then you should tell Mr Chucks Driving Academy that prior to enrolling in the course in order to make sure they can accommodate you. 
What happens to those of us who live in a non-urban area? Will Mr Chucks Driving Academy include instruction on how to drive on dirt roads, mountain roads, and other bumpy terrain?
If you live in a remote location, there is a high probability that a local driving school like Mr Chucks Driving Academy will either want--or even be required--to tailor their instruction towards driving safely in your particular area.
I'm turning 14 in a few weeks. Can I get a instruction permit to drive in Nevada after my 14th birthday?
Most likely, no.  Most states (though not all) have laws which require that you be at least 15 or 15 1/2 before to be eligible to apply for a learner's permit.  Nevertheless, you may wish to contact the Nevada DMV office or a Nevada-certified driving school such as Mr Chucks Driving Academy to find out for certain what the minimum driving age is in your local area.
Do I have to complete a Carson City Nevada drivers education classroom course or online course before registering for one of Mr Chucks Driving Academy's driver training courses?
Each state has its own rules, but most states will require first-time drivers to take both a driver training course plus either a defensive driving classroom course (which are about 30 hours in length) or an approved online defensive driving course.  You may want to ask Mr Chucks Driving Academy if they offer one or both programs.
Does Mr Chucks Driving Academy provide a hands-on driver training course like the one that is required by the State of Nevada? I need to enroll in one in order to obtain my driver license.
Mr Chucks Driving Academy offers driver training courses which are approved by the Nevada DMV.  You may want to contact Mr Chucks Driving Academy directly for more information about their courses and how to go about registering for one.
How do I obtain a drivers license in Carson City Nevada?
In most states, pre-licensed teens are required to complete both a classroom drivers education course and a driver training course.  Mr Chucks Driving Academy may be able to help you meet the driver training portion in Nevada. 
Do I have to take a Carson City Nevada driver training course in order to get a driver's license?
Yes.  All drivers in Nevada must successfully complete an approved behind-the-wheel training course in order to receive a driver's license.  Please contact Mr Chucks Driving Academy for information on the types of behind-the-wheel training courses they offer in Carson City Nevada.
Will Nevada allow me to enroll in a behind-the-wheel training course before I actually receive my learner's permit?
You will need to contact your state's DMV office to find out.  However, most states require that you receive your learner's permit before you sign up with a driver training course.