Driving School

Moniz Driving School
266 County St
New Bedford, MA 02740

Moniz Driving SchoolFAQ's

Is Moniz Driving School certified by the Massachusetts DMV to offer driver training courses?
Although we include Moniz Driving School in our directory of driving schools for New Bedford Massachusetts, we cannot make any assurances about whether or not Moniz Driving School is certified by the Massachusetts DMV.  You should contact Moniz Driving School directly and ask them if you are thinking about enrolling in their New Bedford Massachusetts behind-the-wheel training class.
I heard that parents can fill the role of driving supervisor in Massachusetts, so taking a New Bedford driving school course like the one Moniz Driving School offers is not necessary. Is that true?
You should contact the Massachusetts DMV or a licensed driver training school like Moniz Driving School and ask them.  While parent-taught driving instruction is permitted in some states, many states do NOT allow it.
What if I don't know how to drive a vehicle with a stick-shift? Does Moniz Driving School have an automatic-shift vehicle they'll allow me train with?
Since you're just learning how to drive, you probably don't know how to operate either a stick-shift or an automatic-shift vehicle!  However, if you have a preference as to a manual or an automatic, you probably should call Moniz Driving School to see if they can accommodate your request prior to your enrolling in their driver training course.
I live in a small rural community, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my behind-the-wheel training with Moniz Driving School include learning how to drive in rural areas? Or do they just offer training for city driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to know how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the driver training you receive from Moniz Driving School will include handling dirt roads and mountain driving.
Can I get my Massachusetts learner's permit once I turn 14?
Most likely, no.  Most states have set the youngest age to obtain a learner's permit at 15 or 15½.  You may want to contact the Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a certified driver training school like Moniz Driving School to learn more about the minimum age requirement in Massachusetts.
Is taking a drivers education course in a classroom or online sufficient in New Bedford Massachusetts or do I also have to register for a driver training class with a professional driving instructor?
It depends on what the Massachusetts's laws require, but many states do mandate that new, young drivers to register for a driver training class with a professional driving instructor as well as a drivers education classroom or online course.
If I need to enroll in a New Bedford Massachusetts driving school, can Moniz Driving School help?
Yes.  Moniz Driving School offers driving instruction in New Bedford Massachusetts.  For more information about the type of behind-the-wheel training Moniz Driving School offers and the training schedule, you should contact them directly.
What do I need to do to get a Massachusetts drivers license in New Bedford Massachusetts?
Most states require that teen-agers who are applying for their first driver's license complete both a safe driving classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  Moniz Driving School may be able to help you fulfill the driver training portion in Massachusetts.  Please contact Moniz Driving School for more information. 

Is a behind-the-wheel training course a prerequisite in New Bedford Massachusetts for me to get a drivers license?
The law in Massachusetts requires that all drivers complete a behind-the-wheel training program as part of their driver education.  You should contact Moniz Driving School directly to find out about the types of courses they offer.
Do I have to receive my instruction permit in Massachusetts before I am allowed to register for a driver training course like the one Moniz Driving School gives its students?
Laws vary from state to state, however most states do require that you hold a instruction permit before you can register for a driver training course like the one that Moniz Driving School gives its students.