Driving School

Driving 101
11701 NE 95th St
Vancouver, WA 98682

Driving 101FAQ's

How do I know if Driving 101 is certified by Washington's DMV to offer driver training courses?
While we do include Driving 101's contact information in our driving school directory, we cannot say with certainty as to whether Driving 101 is certified by the State of Washington.  We recommend that you either contact Driving 101 directly or possibly the Washington DMV to find out if Driving 101 is a licensed driver training school.
Could I just have my mother or father give me my behind-the-wheel training instead of paying money to take a professional driver training course?
It depends on which state you live in.  There are some states which permit you to do your hands-on driver training with a parent or guardian instead of enrolling in a professional driving school.  However many states require that first-time drivers take a professionally-taught behind-the-wheel training course.  We recommend that you check with your state's DMV office to find out if your parent or guardian can fill the role as your behind-the-wheel driving instructor.
I don't know how to drive using a manual-shift. Will Driving 101 have an automatic-shift car available that I can use for my driver training?
Since you're enrolling in a Vancouver Washington driver training class, chances are good that you don't know how to drive either a manual-shift OR an automatic!  However, you should let Driving 101 know what your preference is before registering for their driver class.  That way you'll know for sure they will accommodate you.
I live in a small mountain town, where there are a lot of small, unpaved roads. Will my behind-the-wheel training with Driving 101 include learning how to drive in remote areas? Or do they just offer training for city driving?
Most local driving schools will likely want their students to be taught how to drive safely in the local area.  Therefore, chances are good that the driver training you receive from Driving 101 will include handling unpaved roads and mountain driving.
Now that I'm 14, will Washington allow me to get a learner's permit to drive?
Not likely.  Most states require residents to be at least 15 or 15 1/2 years old before applying for an instruction permit.  We recommend that your contact the Washington DMV office or a Washington-approved driving school such as Driving 101 to learn more about the minimum driving age requirement in Washington.
I live in Vancouver Washington. Does the law say I have to enroll in both a driver ed classroom or online course and a driver training course in order to be fully-licensed here?
Each state has its own laws in regards to licensing procedures.  However, most states do mandate that new, teen-aged drivers successfully complete both a behind-the-wheel training course plus either a drivers education online course or drivers education classroom course .
I have to take a behind-the-wheel training course in Vancouver Washington. Can I meet this requirement by registering with Driving 101?
Yes, Driving 101 offers defensive driving courses in Vancouver Washington.  You will need to contact Driving 101 directly to get more information on the types of courses they offer and when to sign up for a class.
Do I have to take drivers education to get a Washington driver's license?
Drivers education requirements vary depending on which state you live in, but you should be aware that most states require new, teen-aged drivers to sign up to take both a driver training course in addition to a safe driving classroom or online course.  You may wish to contact the Washington DMV to find out exactly what requirements you will need to satisfy in order to obtain your first driver's license.
What are the laws in Washington concerning driver training courses? Do I have to take one to get my driver's license?
Yes, you do.  Washington law states that new drivers take an approved driver training course as a prerequisite to obtaining their first driver's license. 
Am I required to receive my instruction permit in Washington before I am allowed to sign up to take a behind-the-wheel training course like the one Driving 101 gives its students?
Laws vary from state to state, however most states do require that you hold an instruction permit before you can register for a behind-the-wheel training course like the one that Driving 101 gives its students.

© 2019 DriverEdToGo.com by Cyberactive. All rights reserved.