Driving School

Caltop Driving School
17420 Gridley Rd
Artesia, CA 90701

Caltop Driving SchoolFAQ's

Is Caltop Driving School licensed by the California DMV to offer driver training courses?
Although we include Caltop Driving School in our directory of driving schools for Artesia California, we cannot make any assurances about whether or not Caltop Driving School is licensed by the California DMV.  You should contact Caltop Driving School directly and ask them if you are thinking about registering for their Artesia California behind-the-wheel training class.
I heard that parents can fill the role of driving instructor in California, so taking a Artesia driving school course like the one Caltop Driving School offers is not necessary. Is that true?
You should contact the California DMV or a licensed driver training school like Caltop Driving School and ask them.  While parent-taught driving instruction is permitted in some states, many states do NOT allow it.
What happens if I don't know how to drive a stick-shift vehicle? Will Caltop Driving School allow me to do my behind-the-wheel training with an automatic-shift vehicle?
Considering you're a brand new driver, you probably don't know much about driving any type of car--manual-shift or automatic-shift!  However, if you prefer to complete your driver training using an automatic-shift vehicle, you should contact Caltop Driving School and inform them before you register for their behind-the-wheel training course.  That way you will know for certain if they will accommodate you.
The area in which I live is mostly undeveloped--very few paved roads and mountains are all around. Will Caltop Driving School be able to teach me how to drive safely on bumpy terrain as well as in a city or town?
Considering that you live in a rural area, chances are excellent that a local driving school like Caltop Driving School will want you to be able to drive safely on dirt roads and other types of rugged terrain.  You may wish to contact Caltop Driving School to find out exactly what their driver training course includes before registering for their training course.
I just turned 14 years old. Am I eligible to receive my instruction permit in California?
Probably not.  The minimum age requirement for holding an instruction permit in most states is 15 1/2.  You should contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a licensed driving school such as Caltop Driving School to find out more information about the minimum age requirement in California. 
Do I have to take both a defensive driving classroom course and a driver training course in Artesia California to get my California driver's license?
The laws vary depending on which state you live in, but most states do require that pre-licensed drivers register for a defensive driving classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  You may want to call a driving instruction company like Caltop Driving School and find out if they offer either (or both) of these programs.
California's DMV has told me that I need to take a behind-the-wheel training course. Do you know if Caltop Driving School offers this course or not?
Caltop Driving School does offer the behind-the-wheel training course that California requires all new teen-aged drivers to take.  For more information about the courses Caltop Driving School offers, we recommend that you contact Caltop Driving School directly.
What are the requirements in Artesia California for obtaining a drivers license?
It depends on your state's laws, however in many states, teen-agers must complete both a drivers education classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course.  Caltop Driving School may offer an approved driver training course which you could take.  Please contact Caltop Driving School for information regarding their available classes and how to go about registering for them.
Is hands-on driver training required in California in order to be licensed to drive a car?
Absolutely.  All new drivers in California must take an approved behind-the-wheel training course before they can be issued a license to independently operate a motor vehicle.
Is it possible to register for a California-certified behind-the-wheel training course before I obtain my California instruction permit?
It depends on what the specific laws are in California, however most states require first-time drivers to receive a instruction permit before signing up for a behind-the-wheel training course.  We recommend you contact a driving school such as Caltop Driving School to obtain more information.