Driving School

A & R Driving School
12525 Knott St
Garden Grove, CA 92841

A & R Driving SchoolFAQ's

Is A & R Driving School licensed by the California DMV to offer behind-the-wheel training courses?
Although we include A & R Driving School in our directory of driving schools for Garden Grove California, we cannot make any assurances about whether or not A & R Driving School is certified by the California DMV.  You should contact A & R Driving School directly and ask them if you are thinking about enrolling in their Garden Grove California driver training class.
Will the California DMV allow my parents to supervise my driving practice instead of requiring me to take a behind-the-wheel training course at a state-approved driving school?
Possibly.  Some states will allow your parents to supervise your driving practice in place of taking a behind-the-wheel driving course with a professional driving instructor.  You will need to contact the California DMV to find out if your driver training may be done by your parents in California.
What if I don't know how to operate a manual-shift automobile? Does A & R Driving School have automatic-shift vehicles that I can drive when I do my driver training?
If you're taking a Garden Grove California driver training class, chances are you don't know how to drive ANY vehicle yet-- stick or automatic.  However, if you prefer an automatic vehicle then you should tell A & R Driving School that prior to enrolling in the course in order to make sure they can accommodate you. 
What happens to those of us who live in a rural area? Will A & R Driving School include instruction on how to drive on dirt roads, mountain roads, and other rugged?
If you live in a remote location, there is a high probability that a local driver training school like A & R Driving School will either want--or even be required--to tailor their instruction towards driving safely in your particular locale.
Can I apply for my California instruction permit once I turn 14?
Most likely, no.  Most states have set the minimum age to obtain a learner's permit at 15 or 15½.  You may want to contact the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a licensed driving instruction school like A & R Driving School to learn more about the minimum age requirement in California.
Do I have to take both a drivers education classroom course and a behind-the-wheel training course in Garden Grove California to get my California driver's license?
The laws vary depending on which state you live in, but most states do require that pre-licensed drivers sign up to take a drivers education classroom course and a driver training course.  You may want to call a driving instruction company like A & R Driving School and find out if they offer either (or both) of these programs.
I have to complete a behind-the-wheel class in Garden Grove California before California will give me my driver's license. Does A & R Driving School offer this type of course?
A & R Driving School does offer the driver training course in Garden Grove California that is required by the State of California.  You will need to contact A & R Driving School directly for more information about the driver courses they offer and their class schedules.
What type of driver ed do I need before California will give me a driver's license?
Each state has its own requirements concerning drivers education, although you should know that most states now mandate all new, young drivers to register for a drivers education classroom or online course as well as a driver training course.  A & R Driving School may be able to help you fulfill the driver training requirement in California.  Please contact either A & R Driving School or the California DMV for more information.
I live in Garden Grove California and would like to apply for my first driver's license. Do I need to take a driver training course before I can be licensed?
California law requires that all first-time drivers successfully complete an approved behind-the-wheel training program before receiving their California driver's license.  A & R Driving School may offer a behind-the-wheel training course that you are looking for.  Please contact A & R Driving School directly for complete information as to what types of driver training courses they offer.
Can I register for a California driver training course prior to having my California learners permit?
Most states require pre-licensed drivers to hold a learners permit before being permitted to register for a driver training course.  You should contact a driving school like A & R Driving School and ask for more information.