Thomasville Georgia Online Driver Education and Thomasville Georgia Licensing Procedures
Congratulations on starting the process of applying for your Thomasville Georgia learner's permit or first Thomasville Georgia driver license. Thomasville Georgia has a graduated driver license program for Thomasville Georgia drivers ages 15-18, and there are a few things to keep in mind to make sure that applying for your Thomasville Georgia driving license goes as smoothly as possible. The amount of information isn't overwhelming, but there are a few pitfalls you'll want to avoid. That's where this short guide comes in.
Thomasville Georgia Instructional Permit or Thomasville Georgia Learner Permit
You can finally apply for a Thomasville Georgia instructional permit, otherwise known as a Thomasville Georgia learner's permit, once you turn 15. In order to apply for your Thomasville Georgia learner's permit, you'll need to make an appointment (walk-in only at any customer service center) and then bring the following:
At the DMV, you'll present all of these materials and then take a few tests. Two of these will test your knowledge of traffic laws and road signs, respectively. The third will be a vision test.
Make sense? If you manage to get through all of this, then congratulations! You just earned your Thomasville Georgia learner permit, which is valid for 24 months. However, you may only drive with a licensed driver of at least 21 years of age in the front passenger seat. But, after you've had your Thomasville Georgia learner's permit for one year, you're ready to graduate to a Thomasville Georgia intermediate license!
Your First Thomasville Georgia Driver's License
In order to apply for your first Thomasville Georgia driver's license (class D), you must be 16, and you'll need to make sure you follow a number of state requirements:
- A Thomasville Georgia learner's license held for one year and one day (surrendered at the time of testing)
- You'll need to schedule the dreaded road test by calling 678-413-8400
- Bring your social security card
- A signed affidavit that you've completed 40 hours of driving experience (which must include at least 6 hours of night driving)
- Proof of a completed Thomasville Georgia approved driver education course
- Though you'll receive an electronic certificate, bring a paper copy to your road test
- If you took a Thomasville Georgia approved online driver education course, you'll also need your parent/guardian to complete the Parent Teen Driving Guide
- Don't forget to bring your Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program card
- A license fee of $10
- And finally, a Thomasville Georgia DDS Certificate of Attendance notarized from your school
At the Thomasville Georgia DMV, you'll present your Thomasville Georgia learner's license and the required materials. Make sure your parent or guardian is accompanying you! Then you'll take the following tests:
- Vision test, in which you must have 20/40 vision (with or without glasses)
- The dreaded road test! But if you've gotten plenty of driving practice and studied your Thomasville Georgia driving manual thoroughly, it should be a piece of cake--right?
Don't forget that the vehicle you use for your Thomasville Georgia road test must be properly insured, and car registration must be presented. If you survive, then congratulations. You've just earned your first Thomasville Georgia driver license!
Restrictions and Penalties
As you surely know, driving is a privilege, not a right. There are several restrictions you need to keep in mind regarding your Thomasville Georgia learner's license or Thomasville Georgia driver's license.
Thomasville Georgia Learner's Permit Restrictions:
- You must always be accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 and in the front passenger seat.
Thomasville Georgia Intermediate License Restrictions:
- For the first 6 months, you can't carry any passengers other than family
- After 6 months has passed, you can carry one non-family passenger under the age of 21
- No driving between 12Am and 6AM unless accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and occupies the front passenger seat
- After 1 year, you can drive with up to 3 non-family passengers under the age of 21
This may sound like a lot, but cheer up: when you turn 18, all of these restrictions are removed and you will receive your Class C Thomasville Georgia driver's license, provided you haven't had any major traffic violations in the last year. Congratulations!
Thomasville Georgia Auto Insurance Thomasville Georgia Financial Responsibility Laws
Traffic accidents are an unhappy fact of life for young and experienced drivers alike. Thus, any vehicle registered in Thomasville Georgia must be covered by liability insurance. If you are found to be driving without Thomasville Georgia mandatory liability insurance, you could be fined. If you are involved in an accident and cannot provide proof of insurance, your Thomasville Georgia learner's permit or Thomasville Georgia intermediate license will be suspended.
Thomasville Georgia Drunk Driving, Cell Phone, and Text Messaging Laws
An intoxicated or distracted driver is a dangerous one. As a new Thomasville Georgia driver, it's crucial that you learn the Thomasville Georgia drunk driving, cell phone, and text messaging laws.
Upon your first conviction of a Thomasville Georgia DUI (with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 or greater), you will face the following penalties:
- Jail sentence from 10 days to 1 year
- $500 to $1000 fine
- Your Thomasville Georgia license will be suspended up to 1 year
- 100 hour of community service
- A license reinstatement fee of $210
And of course, further Thomasville Georgia DUI convictions will result in increased jail time, community service, fines, and Thomasville Georgia license suspension or even Thomasville Georgia license revocation.You've probably heard this your entire life, but it still applies: DON'T DRIVE DRUNK!
Currently, there is no law banning cell phone use in Thomasville Georgia.That doesn't mean, however, that it's a good idea to constantly use your cell phone while driving. Exercise proper judgment!
Thomasville Georgia Online Driver Education
If you are 16-18 and would like to opt out of the road test, you may do so upon completion of a Thomasville Georgia approved driver education course. The Thomasville Georgia DMV has a comprehensive list of the many Thomasville Georgia approved driver education courses.