Colby Kansas Online Driver Education and Colby Kansas Licensing Procedures
Congratulations on deciding to reach for a milestone by applying for your Colby Kansas learner's permit or first Colby Kansas driver's license. Colby Kansas has a Graduated Driver License Program for Colby Kansas teen drivers, and we have put together this fact sheet that will give you the information that you need so that you can get your Colby Kansas driver's license with a minimum of fuss. Here are the basics:
Colby Kansas Instructional Permit or Colby Kansas Learner Permit
With your Colby Kansas learner's permit, you can practice driving with another licensed driver over 21. You can apply for a Colby Kansas learner's permit once you turn 14. In order to apply for your Colby Kansas learner's permit, you'll need to make an appointment at your local Colby Kansas Driver's License Exam Station and bring the following with you:
At the Colby Kansas Driver's License Exam Station, you'll present all of these application materials and then take some tests:
- vision screening test
- written test
- if the thought of taking a written test frightens you, you can get out of it by providing a certificate of completion for an Colby Kansas approved driver education course!
If you manage to do all of this, you'll be rewarded with a Colby Kansas instruction permit! Also, although we know it's tempting, use of cell phones is prohibited while driving. But after you've had your Colby Kansas learner permit for 1 year, you'll be ready to apply for your Colby Kansas restricted driver's license.
Your First Colby Kansas Driver's License
In order to take the next big step and apply for your first Colby Kansas driver's license, you'll need to make sure you follow a few Colby Kansas State requirements:
- Keep your Colby Kansas learner's license for at least 1 year in good standing
- At 15, you must have accumulated 25 hours of driving practice
- At 16, you must have complete 50 hours of driving practice
So when you're 16 and have met all of the requirements, head on over to the Colby Kansas Driver's License Exam Station with:
Then comes a written exam and the dreaded road test (unless you have a Colby Kansas approved driver education certificate). Did you pass? If yes, then cheers! You've just earned your Colby Kansas restricted driver license! However, you'll still have to abide by a few restrictions for a little bit longer.
Colby Kansas Teen Driver License Restrictions and Penalties
Remember, driving is a privilege, not a right! There are several restrictions you need to keep in mind regarding your Colby Kansas restricted driver's license:
- you can only drive from 5AM to 9PM until you're 17, unless you're going to work or an authorized school activity
- cell phones use while driving is still prohibited unless for emergency purposes
- no more than one non-sibling passenger while driving until 18
If you've been responsible and driven without incident for 12 months, then you can now apply for your Indiana full license.
Colby Kansas Auto Insurance Colby Kansas Financial Responsibility Laws
Once you receive your Colby Kansas drivers license, you're ready to drive--or are you? Any vehicle registered in Colby Kansas must be covered by liability insurance. The minimum coverage is:
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury
- $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
- $10,000 for property damage, and $50,000 for under insured motorists.
We're sure that you will develop good driving habits, but unfortunately auto accidents can happen even to the most seasoned drivers. If you are found to be driving without Colby Kansas mandatory liability insurance, your Colby Kansas learner's permit or Colby Kansas restricted driver license could be suspended and you could be fined.
Colby Kansas Drunk Driving, Cell Phone, and Text Messaging Laws
As a younger Colby Kansas driver, it's vitally important that you learn the Colby Kansas drunk driving, cell phone, and text messaging laws.
Upon your first conviction of a Colby Kansas DUI (0.08), you will face the following penalties:
- Jail sentence of 48 hours minimum or
- 100 hours community service
- $500-1,000 fine
- Colby Kansas license suspension of 30 days
- 330 days Colby Kansas license restriction following suspension
- vehicle impoundment of up to 1 year
- possible court ordered treatment program
As you can see, the State of Colby Kansas takes DUI very seriously. And of course, further Colby Kansas DUI convictions will result in increased jail time, community service, fines, and Colby Kansas license suspension or even Colby Kansas license revocation.
Currently, Colby Kansas prohibits teen drivers from using cell phones or text messaging.Sorry, you'll have to call or text your friends once you're out of the car!
Colby Kansas Online Driver Education
Taking an approved Colby Kansas online driver education courses can get you out off taking certain exams. For more details about approved courses, see the Colby Kansas Department of Revenue website.