Bellows Falls Vermont Online Driver Education and Bellows Falls Vermont Licensing Procedures
The process of applying for your Bellows Falls Vermont learner's permit or first Bellows Falls Vermont driver's license can be nerve-racking, but it doesn't have to be if you have the right information. We want you to get as much out of this experience as possible, and have designed this guide to help guide you through the process. Bellows Falls Vermont has a Graduated Driver License Program for Bellows Falls Vermont teen drivers, and there are a few things to keep in mind to make sure that applying for your first Bellows Falls Vermont driver’s license goes as smoothly as possible. So let’s get started.
The Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit or Bellows Falls Vermont Instruction Permit
You can finally apply for a Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit, otherwise known as a Bellows Falls Vermont Instruction Permit When you turn 15. You’ll need the following items in order to apply:
Once you’re ready, make an appointment (call 1-802-828-2045 or email), then head on down to the nearest Bellows Falls Vermont Driver License Office with your parent or guardian and submit your application. Then, you’ll have to take a vision test, as well as a written exam. If you survive, then congratulations: you’ve just earned your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit!
A few more things to remember: First, you must practice driving with your parent, guardian, driving instructor, or licensed driver who is at least 25. Of course, all passengers must wear seatbelts, and you must not forget to carry your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit with you at all times.
If you can hold your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit for 1 year and meet a few more requirements, you’re all set for the next step in the Bellows Falls Vermont Graduated License Program, the Bellows Falls Vermont Junior Operator’s License.
The Bellows Falls Vermont Junior Operator’s License or Bellows Falls Vermont Intermediate License
You can apply for your Bellows Falls Vermont Junior Operator’s License once you’ve held your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit for 1 year in good standing. However, you’ll need to make sure the following requirements are met:
- Hold a Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit for 1 year
- You must be 16-17
- Practice driving for 40 hours with a parent/guardian, or supervising driver
- At least 10 hours must be at night
- Fill out a Driving Practice Log Sheet and have your parent/guardian sign
- Maintain a clean Bellows Falls Vermont driving record (no recalls, suspensions, or revocations for a 6 month period)
- Pass a Bellows Falls Vermont approved driver education course and get a certificate of completion
- Also, make sure the car you will be taking the Bellows Falls Vermont driving test with has insurance (you’ll need the insurance identification card), as well as valid registration
Then, make an appointment and head on down to your local Bellows Falls Vermont Driver License Office again. Be aware that Bellows Falls Vermont driving tests are also now being offered at participating high schools. Either way, be sure to bring the valid identification documents, including your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit. Then you’ll have to pass the dreaded Bellows Falls Vermont road test! If you pass, then you can a breathe a sigh of relief: you’ve just earned your Bellows Falls Vermont Junior Operator’s License, otherwise known as the Bellows Falls Vermont Provisional License.
Bellows Falls Vermont Teen Driver License Restrictions and Penalties
You've come a long way, but you still have a few months of good behavior to go before you've earned your full license. There are still a few restrictions you’ll have to keep in mind now that you have your Bellows Falls Vermont Junior Operator’s License:
- All passengers and the driver must wear seat belts
- During the first 3 months, no passengers unless you’re driving with a licensed parent/guardian, certified driving instructor, or individual at least 25 years of age
- During the second 3 months, you can transport family members
- After 6 months, there are no passenger restrictions
- No using a vehicle for employment (i.e. pizza delivery driver) for 1 year or until you turn 18 (whichever comes first
- No carrying passengers for hire (i.e. using your car as a taxi)
These restrictions will no longer apply once you've obtained a Bellows Falls Vermont Senior Operator’s License, which you can apply for once you turn 18. In other words, freedom!
Bellows Falls Vermont Auto Insurance Financial Responsibility Laws
You may think you're ready to drive just becaus you've received your Bellows Falls Vermont Provisional Driver license, but there are still other things you need to know. Most crucially, Bellows Falls Vermont drivers are required by law to be covered by liability insurance. The minimum liability insurance coverage is:
- $50,000 bodily injury two or more people
- $10,000 for property damage per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
You risk suspension of your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit or Bellows Falls Vermont Provisional license if you are in an accident and found to be driving without Bellows Falls Vermont mandatory liability insurance!
Bellows Falls Vermont Drunk Driving, Cell Phone, and Text Messaging Laws
As a Bellows Falls Vermont teen driver, it’s important for you to learn the Bellows Falls Vermont drunk driving, cell phone, and text messaging laws. Like many other states, Bellows Falls Vermont has a Zero Tolerance Law for underage drinking, and if you are convicted of a Bellows Falls Vermont DUI or Bellows Falls Vermont DWI, your Bellows Falls Vermont Learner Permit or Bellows Falls Vermont Junior Operator’s License will be suspended.
In general, upon your first conviction of a Bellows Falls Vermont DUI, you’ll also face the following penalties:
- Jail up to 2 years maximum
- DUI surcharges $160 minimum
- Also, possible alcohol/drug screening, assessment, education and treatment
- License suspension 90 days
- $750 fine
And of course, more severe penalties will result from further Bellows Falls Vermont DWI and DUI convictions. These can include increased jail time, community service, fines, and Bellows Falls Vermont license suspension or even Bellows Falls Vermont license revocation.
If you're in love with your cell phone, you're in luck: Bellows Falls Vermont teen drivers are not prohibited from using cell phones while driving. Still, you should exercise caution whenever you use a cell phone while driving. We shouldn't have to tell you that a distracted driver can be a dangerous one!
Bellows Falls Vermont Online Driver Education
You will need to take a Bellows Falls Vermont-approved driver education course fairly early in the process. Bellows Falls Vermont teen drivers can find more information about approved Bellows Falls Vermont online driver education on the Bellows Falls Vermont Department of Motor Vehicle website.